Links to sites with information about Aesthetic Realism, music, education and more:
- Aesthetic Realism Foundation
Home of Aesthetic Realism on the web, this site richly describes the philosophy, has announcements of upcoming events, information about classes at the Foundation and the faculty who teach those classes, and links to articles about education, the arts, economics, love, biographical information about Eli Siegel, information on how to study Aesthetic Realism, and a link to Definition Press, which publishes books about Aesthetic Realism.
- The Aesthetic Realism Online Library is a rich resource of Eli Siegel’s work, including poetry, lectures, reviews, books, and the periodical The Right of Aesthetic Realism to Be Known.
- Friends of Aesthetic Realism—Countering the Lies
A website written by people who have studied Aesthetic Realism. It’s purpose is to counter—with style and often with humor—the misrepresentations of Aesthetic Realism, which have been put forth on the Internet by a few individuals.
- Terrain Gallery, NYC
The first gallery to present exhibitions in the visual arts based on the Siegel Theory of the Opposites
- Self and World: An Explanation of Aesthetic Realism, by Eli Siegel
Click to purchase this great book at Amazon.com.
- Edward Green, Composer
An extensive resource for papers about music, the questions of men, and more.
- Leila Rosen, English Teacher
Includes many articles describing the success of the Aesthetic Realism Teaching Method in the teaching of high school English, as well as papers about literature and poetry and reports of lectures by Eli Siegel.
- Aesthetic Realism Theatre Company
Presents a new way of seeing drama, comedy and musical theatre as explained by American poet and critic Eli Siegel. Includes information about upcoming events.
- Barbara Allen, Aesthetic Realism Consultant and Flutist
Includes papers about music, marriage and more. See especially “The Beginnings of Music: The Opposites in the Flute“—a must read for any person who plays a musical instrument.
- Aesthetic Realism: A New Perspective for Anthropology & Sociology
The website of Dr. Arnold Perey who shows—thrillingly!—that “anthropology is about you & everyone,”through the class he teaches by that name, as well as scholarly articles.
- The Answer to Racism
Articles by journalist Alice Bernstein and others about the cause of and solution to racism, as explained by Aesthetic Realism.
- The Poetry of Robert Burns
Critique of Burns’ work by Ellen Reiss in relation to economics and how people and the jobs they do should be seen. See also this important article “Ellen Reiss on ‘Criticizing’ John Keats in 1818”.
- Aesthetic Realism Encourages Self-Expression
Article by Miriam Mondlin, Aesthetic Realism Consultant, showing that a person’s self-expression flourishes when we want to have respect rather than contempt.
- Aesthetic Realism in the News
Several thousand articles, letters, and columns about Aesthetic Realism have been published in newspapers and journals throughout the United States and abroad.
- Aesthetic Realism Is Education
Description: Resources in music, art, education, the social sciences, and life: written by persons who study the philosophy founded by poet and critic Eli Siegel.
- Aesthetic Realism: A New Foundation for Interdisciplinary Musicology
Paper about world music, by Edward Green and Arnold Perey. Published in: R. Parncutt, A. Kessler & F. Zimmer (Eds.) Proceedings of the Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology (CIM04) Graz/Austria, 15-18 April, 2004.
- The Animate and Inanimate Are in Music and Conscience is a great lecture by Eli Siegel, published in The Right of Aesthetic Realism to Be Known.